Salalah Methanol Company's 2nd Annual Stakeholder Dinner
Released on: 19/09/2014Salalah Methanol Company held its second annual stakeholder dinner last Friday under the patronage of His Excellency Dr. Rasheed bin Al Safi Al Huraibi, Chairman of the Tender Board and the presence of a number of dignitaries and general managers in the region. The aim of this gathering is to maintain and comes this concert within the company's efforts in its ongoing quest to embody the true partnership between the public sector, private sector and to continue outreaching to the local community.
On this occasion, Awad bin Hassan Al Shanfari, CEO of Salalah Methanol Company started the ceremony with a speech in which he welcomed His Excellency Dr. Al Huraibi, and the guests. Then he gave a brief introduction about the company and its achievements in the fields of economy, society and environment since the start of the company's production process in May 2010. Al Shanfari explained that the achievements over the past years reflect the efficiency of the company's employees and their commitment to the standards and measures of sound production and the foundations of health and safety at work. This reflects the ability of the Omani work forces in doing business to the fullest. The company achieved 64% Omanisation in a short period relatively, and this comes within the efforts made by the company to support the government's efforts to develop human resources in the Sultanate.
On the sidelines of this occasion, the company signed seven agreements related to SMC's initiatives in corporate social responsibility funded by the company to support many development projects and programs. This included agreements signed with Directorate General for Social Development in Dhofar, the Directorate General for Education in Dhofar, the Directorate General of Health Services in Dhofar and the General Directorate of Sports Affairs in Dhofar, Takatuf Company, Wali of Mirbat Office and the Ministry of Higher Education.
The agreements were signed by the CEO of Salalah Methanol Company, Hassan bin Awadh Al Shanfari, in this sequence:
1. On behalf of Wali of Mirbat office, HE Sheikh / Saif bin Ahmed Al Ghuraibi, Wali of Mirbat. The agreement consisted of funding the establishment of a path for the families of Mirbat to Hayour cave.
2. On behalf of Takatuf Company, Engineer/ Khalid bin Khamis Al Jashmi CEO of Takatuf. The agreement consisted of funding 5 scholarships for 6 years each, and this comes under the partnership between SMC and Takatuf who are both members of the Oman Oil Group of companies.
3. On behalf of the Directorate General of Health Services Dr. Khalid bin Mohammed Al Mushakhi, General Manager of the Directorate General of Health Services in Dhofar. The agreement consisted of the financing and establishment of two dialysis units in Mirbat and Taqa hospitals.
4. On behalf of the General Directorate of Social Development Abdullah bin Suleiman Al Sabaai, Director General of the Directorate General of Social Development in Dhofar. The agreement consisted of financing the supply of supporting equipment for people with special needs.
5. On behalf of the Directorate General for Education, Maizoon bint Bakhit Al Shahri Assistant Director General of the Directorate General of Education in the Dhofar. The agreement consisted of supplying 3 schools in the neighboring community to SMC with full lab equipment, including establishing an English learning program including other learning programs for these schools.
6. On behalf of the General Directorate of Sports Affairs, Mousa bin Ahmed Al Masheli, Director General of Sports Affairs in Dhofar. The agreement consisted of sponsoring and supporting summer sports in Dhofar.
On this occasion, Awad bin Hassan al Shanfari, CEO of Salalah Methanol Company said the company believes in the importance of supporting the development of the local community through funding many Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives and projects. The company also focuses through its programs on building and developing human capacity, which aim to positively develop the Omani individual and enable him/her to give back to his/her country.
He added that these agreements reflect the true partnership between the public and private sectors to work together and complement each towards a better Oman, and that the company is moving forward with God's help to support and fund CSR initiatives, which are focused on the advancement of the overall development of the country.