SMC’s Stakeholder engagement is meant to explore opportunities and build common understanding on issues, demonstrate actions based on the results, building internal and external understanding and trust, prevent conflicts, mitigate risks and develop strong and effective work relationships based on performance, respect and transparency.
Also it comes under the process of effectively communicating with stakeholders in order to formally and informally interact with them and understand their views and concerns.
- Inform and educate stakeholders about the company’s achievements and looking ahead objectives.
- Informal dialogue to avoid misunderstandings and misperceptions about the company.
- Establish areas of cooperation and involvement.
- Promote and enhance corporate responsibility through involving stakeholders and listening to them during the event.
- Obtain stakeholder perception of the company to enable it to shape actions and enhance its reputation.